Monday, December 24, 2018

Rose Gold Christmas

I’ve been pretty busy working my butt off and it’s really been one thing with my house after another. The front window broke, one of my fans stopped turning, several main light bulbs that are up high burnt out all at the same time, and literally yesterday in the crazy bipolar wind storm we’ve been having in Florida this week part of my fence fell down!
Some of those things are fixed, but it took a lot! I also started renovating my kitchen! I’m sanding and painting my kitchen cabinets and adding a back splash and wainscoting! (Stay tuned) I did manage to decorate for Christmas and decided to to get rid of a lot of my old decor. I don’t really like red, I think it’s a pretty loud color. I decided to do rose gold Christmas this year and I really love it! Michaels really fueled this fire with all of their great decor full of sparkles and glitter! Unfortunately some of my porch flowers decor turned silver in the Florida sun before I got a chance to take pictures of them, so pretend they look rose gold again!
I got a real Christmas tree for the first time! I really love it and even though it’s kinda small it’s the perfect size! 
I really miss having a fireplace mantel and I have a lot of decor that used to go on my fireplace mantel in my house in NC. Here I simply don’t have a place for them. However, a mantel is the first thing on my Christmas list! You don’t need a fireplace to have a mantel as a feature wall. You don’t need an old farm house to have a old looking country style kitchen. 


I went with the round bulb lights, these are actually not Christmas light, rather they're just regular string lights from Target. I ended up needing more and they didn't have anymore with white wire, so I bought pink wire. At  night you can't really tell and during the day it looks really cute! I put them on either side of the porch above the garage and on the roof pitch. 


Ignore my window! It looks so much better today! Those star lights were left here by the previous owner. It has 4 stars but one is burnt out, so it hides.


I made these snowman my first winter in NC 5 years ago! They had red and green ribbon that needed to be replaced anyways. 















I had this gold snowflake garland around the trees in the beginning, the wind kept blowing them over and getting tangled. It was getting to be too much to fix every night when I got home so I took it off. But i did really like the way it looked!





I saw the wreaths in the craft stores and they were like $80. So I copied one I really liked for a lot cheaper!






Again, the sun made the leaves silver, the right set of leaves is still a little pink. If you look at the back of all the flowers they're still really bright pink!