Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Harry Potter Halloween 2016

If you know Tyler and I you know we're turbo nerds in almost every aspect. We love comic books and superheroes, video games, and of course Harry Potter! I wanted to do something different for my Halloween decor this year so I decided to theme it and make it all HP everywhere! I got many of the ideas and how to's from Pinterest and Nifty on Facebook.


Follow the Spiders into the Bathroom



It's like the Chamber of Secrets!

Complete with Aragog, the Spider King!

And what bathroom would be complete without Moaning Myrtle watching you at your most vulnerable?!


If you didn't know, my guest bathroom is also a port key. That;s why there's always guys working on my floors in my Snapchats...





The Grand Dining Hall


These floating candles were made with strategically placed hot glue, paper towel rolls, fishing line and Halloween tea lights. 


 Who doesn't love these games?!





Professor Snape's Potion Collection




If you didn't notice, I was all out of Pollyjuice Potion at the time =[





Flume Powder Fireplace Port Key

I recently discovered this fireplace is another port key. I'll be using it in the winter to get my Butter Beer fix! 

Surely you didn't notice that those were Batman bats and Baterangs on the wall!

 I'm really happy with how this Maraders Map turned out! It took me a while and it's not perfect, but I think it looks great! The words and footprints would have been a nice addition, but they were too intricate for level of craftiness. I put in out the back of a Ouija board also!





The cauldron is filled with Flume Powder






This is on the wall just out of view that turns on the mantel light.


I really hoped you enjoyed looking at this as much as I did making it! Maybe next year I'll try to make the house into the Bat Cave!

Take a look at last year's Halloween decorations!