Thursday, October 29, 2015

Halloween Home Tour

To someone who grew up in a place where we only had two seasons, Scorching and Hot, there is a big difference between Fall time and Halloween time.



 I had my house decorated for Fall, now that it's Oct., I have decorated for Halloween. When Halloween is over I plan to redecorate back to the original Fall design until Christmas time.
That's only a little OCD, right?

 The Front Porch


I kept the leaves on the banisters for a few reasons:
1. To help hold up the spider webs
2. I'm just going to put them right back up
3. The look I was going for was that the Halloween decorations were taking over the Fall decorations
4. It doesn't make it look as plain
















Entryway Table

feat. Cabby.




The Powder Room
(yes I know the term "powder room" refers to a two piece wash room, without a shower/tub. But we don't use the shower so to us it's a powder room.




The Fireplace Mantle

I added the spiders after the fact, but it really makes a difference! As if I didn't already have enough spiders...


Here it is step by step:

I put all the lace on myself with Mod Podge (which is like God to crafters).
The creepy candles in the spider web holders are about as old as I am.

My spiky Target pumpkins made it back from my Fall mantle.
This cute little girl poster is also super creepy!

See what I mean about the little girl...
Front and center is in fact a Ouija board. I've never used it in this new house but my sister was big on them when we were younger.

The planchette glows when pressure is placed on it, I guess so you can use it in the dark and see the letters spirits are communicating.

I could've sworn these little boys were creepier in the last picture of them...oh well...

This crow is also just about as old as me and, like the candle holder, has been part of my family's Halloween decor for a very long time.
Also feat. more of my laced candles

 I admit to taking this idea from Pinterest, The pieces of cardboard are supposed to be painted to look like wood. I did start doing this with brown Sharpies, but that little part in the corner took me like an hour! I can't draw or paint free hand very well... It's a project for another day.



I put a black light in the spot light to help accentuate glowing features. I didn't even know the ouija board glowed!

This is how I wish the fire place looked whenever you turned the black light on, but unfortunately it's a lot dimmer than I originally hoped. This was taken around dusk. The windows in the living room just let in too much light for a Halloween mantle...the only time too much natural light is a bad thing.