Sunday, March 20, 2016

Richlands Rental Spring "CopyCat" Fireplace Mantel

One of my biggest blogging, home decor, and pretty much life inspirations is Liz Marie Galvan from LizMarieBlog! So much that I kinda wish I lived in MI because she has an amazing little shop where I could go poor in 10 seconds, and I absolutely HATE the cold and snow!
So when I needed something to make to put over my fire place mantel and saw what she made I decided I NEEDED to have this! I never really knew what all the hype surrounding the start of Spring until this year. In Florida there really isn't a separation of seasons the way there is in the rest of the country. Spring really does bring new life to everything outside! The corn fields are being tilled, the trees start to grow the prettiest flowers, the weather starts to get warmer and outdoor activities become a necessity again, and people just seem to be generally happier in Spring.


Someone who lives in the neighborhood behind the animal hospital I work at threw out these Vietnam era grenade crates! One of them was painted green and has some termite damage, but luckily it's on the bottom where it can be replaced and where their aren't any logos compromised.


Most of the decor pieces are from Michaels, who was having an incredible sale on all of their Spring items! I love the green moss like items!


I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to find the exact letter she used to make hers but when I did I thought I might as well use them! They were also on sale.